Tuesday, February 19, 2013

AOM Meditations: Be Beautiful YOU! 022013



Just being ourselves is the biggest fear of humans.  We have learned to live our life trying to satisfy other people's demands.  We have learned to live by other people's points of view because of the fear of not being accepted and of not being good enough for someone else.

~Don Miguel Ruiz

~*~

All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naive. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself.

~Ralph Ellison

~*~

By being yourself, 
you put something wonderful in the world 
that was not there before.

 ~Edwin Elliot

~*~

You have a masterpiece inside you, you know.  One unlike any that has ever been created, or ever will be.  If you go to your grave without painting your masterpiece, it will not get painted.  No one else can paint it.  Only you.

~Gordon MacKenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment