Wednesday, February 13, 2013

AOM Meditations: 021413



“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”

~*~

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder.  This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.

~Salma Hayek

~*~

My primary relationship is with myself--all others are mirrors of it. As I learn to love myself, I automatically receive the love and appreciation that I desire from others. If I am committed to myself and to living my truth, I will attract others with equal commitment. My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another. As I learn to love myself, I receive the love I desire from others.

Shakti Gawain

~*~

“Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality. No one can become fully aware of the very essence of another human being unless he loves him. By his love he is enabled to see the essential traits and features.”

~Viktor Frankl

No comments:

Post a Comment