Thursday, February 14, 2013

AOM Meditations: 021513



Our workaday lives are filled with opportunities to bless others.  The power of a single glance or an encouraging smile must never be underestimated. 

~G. Richard Rieger

~*~

So often we think that to be encouragers we have to produce great words of wisdom when, in fact, a few simple syllables of sympathy and an arm around the shoulder can often provide much needed comfort.

~Florence Littauer

~*~

Something I realized a few years ago in one of those "Of course--I should have realized that all along!" moments is that encouragement is absolutely free.  It doesn't cost me a cent to give it out, but its payoff is incredible.  A brighter smile, improved performance on any sort of task, much more enjoyment in doing something--I see these in people constantly when I or someone else encourages them.  I often read stories by adults who have succeeded in life largely in part because just one person saw their potential and encouraged them when they were younger, and they have never forgotten those people or their words.  Wouldn't you love to feel that something like that would be possible with you as the remembered person?  I know that I would, but unless I plant the seeds today, that sort of harvest will never come to pass.

~tom walsh


Note how good you feel after you have encouraged someone else.  No other argument is necessary to suggest that one never miss the opportunity to give encouragement.

~George M. Adams

*****
PROJECT:
Let us all make a point 
to encourage others this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment