Sunday, February 17, 2013

AOM Meditations: Acceptance 021813



Today I know that I cannot control the ocean tides.  I can only go with the flow. When I struggle and try to organize the Atlantic to my specifications, I sink.  If I flail and thrash and growl and grumble, I go under.  But, if I let go and float, I am borne aloft.

~Marie Stilkind

~*~
   
If we rail and kick against it and grow bitter, we won't change the inevitable; but we will change ourselves.  I know.  I have tried it.  I once refused to accept an inevitable situation with which I was confronted.  I played the fool and railed against it, and rebelled.  I turned my nights into hells of insomnia.  I brought upon myself everything I didn't want.  Finally, after a year of self-torture, I had to accept what I knew from the outset I couldn't possible alter.

~Dale Carnegie
 
~*~

Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly.  Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate, or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind.  Every moment is a golden one for those who have the vision to recognize it as such.

~Henry Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment