Sunday, January 6, 2013

MUSIC & ART: Bob Ross Speed Paints to James Horner



Two things here
Watch Bob Ross speed paint
As you listen to this beautiful song
From the film, Braveheart

I loved his program on PBS.
I admired his attitude and his enthusiasm for painting
He was very influential to me taking up painting.

"Robert Norman "Bob" Ross (October 29, 1942–July 4, 1995) was an American painter, art instructor, and television host. He is best known as the creator and host of The Joy of Painting, a television program that aired on PBS from 1983 to 1994. The mellow man who spoke gently and carried a giant palette, died in 1995 of cancer at age 52.

When asked about his laid-back approach to painting and eternally calm and contented demeanor, he once commented: "I got a letter from somebody here a while back, and they said, 'Bob, everything in your world seems to be happy.' That's for sure. That's why I paint. It's because I can create the kind of world that I want, and I can make this world as happy as I want it. Shoot, if you want bad stuff, watch the news." (wikipedia)

James Horner
"For The Love of a Princess"
from the Braveheart soundtrack



No comments:

Post a Comment