Saturday, January 5, 2013

AOM Meditations: 010613

River Spey, Strathspey, Scotland


One day, after a drawing exercise, 
one of my students said in amazement, 
"Every time I draw something I fall in love!"  

I wasn't surprised to hear this, because I know 
that when we wake up to the world around us 
in full form, with vivid colors, lines, and shapes, 
we become filled with awe and wonder. 

It is easy to fall in love 
with the things we've walked past so many times, 
because we realize 
that the world is offering itself to us 
like a lover longing 
for our embrace and recognition.  

Receiving the universe in all its diversity 
allows us a new self-appreciation, 
and coming to a level of self acceptance 
and self-love 
prepares us to love the world in return.  

When this awareness lives at our core, 
celebration becomes a way of life.

~Adriana Diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment